The European Banking Authority (EBA) has updated its questions and answers on the single rulebook (which relate to the CRD IV package of reforms).
The recently included Q&As cover the following topics:
- determination of the appropriate currency to be used for calculating the base for grandfathering and phase-out limits;
- off-balance sheet items and definition of default;
- how should an institution explain a rating decision;
- the inclusion of year-end profit in common equity tier 1 capital as of the end of first quarter of the following year;
- additional value adjustments;
- the possibility of removing tier 1’s call options to make the securities tier 2 compliant; and
- the treatment of deliverable FX for single currency returns under 422(6) and 425(3) CRR.
View Single rulebook Q&A, 6 December 2013
View Question 239: Off-balance sheet items and definition of default, 6 December 2013
View Question 240: How shall an institute explain a rating decision?, 6 December 2013
View Question 213: Additional value adjustments, 6 December 2013