On 14 February 2019, the Bank of England (BoE) published its annual report on the supervision of financial market infrastructures (FMIs). The report covers the period from 21 February 2018 to 14 February 2019. The report provides an overview of the supervisory work the BoE has carried out in the past year in relation to FMIs as well as the BoEs general approach to FMI supervision.
At chapter 4, the report notes the BoEs future developments and priorities for 2019 in relation to FMIs:
- ongoing development and implementation of the BoE’s supervisory approach to FMIs;
- technological change at FMIs, including the next generation of payments infrastructure;
- a policy framework for operational resilience, including cyber resilience;
- developing a supervisory stress test for CCPs; and
- working to ensure that FMIs and the BoE as their supervisor are adequately prepared for Brexit.
In box 3 of the report (page 21) the BoE discusses its preparations for Brexit.