The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) has issued a report and an accompanying press release, which summarise the aggregate results of the latest Basel III monitoring exercise, using data as of 31 December 2013. There were 227 banks that participated in the study, comprising 102 Group 1 banks (internationally active banks that have Tier 1 capital of more than EUR3 billion) and 125 Group 2 banks (a representative sample of all other banks).
The report covers analysis relating to matters including the following:
- capital ratios;
- capital shortfalls;
- level of capital;
- composition of capital;
- leverage ratio;
- relationship between the leverage ratio and risk-based capital requirements;
- combined shortfall amounts;
- liquidity coverage ratio;
- net stable funding ratio; and
- main findings of trading book hypothetical portfolio exercise.
View Basel III monitoring report, 11 September 2014
View Basel III monitoring results published by the Basel Committee, 11 September 2014