On 30 March 2023, the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision published updated a Technical Amendment document containing various technical amendments and FAQs.
The Technical Amendment document contains proposed amendments to the Basel Framework relating to the:
- Standardised approach to operational risk.
- Disclosure standards for credit valuation adjustment risk.
- Calculation of the score for the Trading Volume Indicator in the global systemically important bank (G-SIB) framework and related disclosure requirements.
- Inclusion of insurance subsidiaries in the disclosure of the leverage ratio exposure measure in the G-SIB framework.
- Countercyclical capital buffer and related disclosure requirements.
The deadline for comments on the proposed amendments is 15 May 2023.
The Basel Committee has also finalised a set of FAQs that have been added to the Basel Framework and are set out in the annex to the Technical Amendment document.