On 1 March 2019, the Basel Committee published a press release of its meeting of 27 – 28 February in which the Basel Committee discussed a range of topics including:
- the implementation status of margin requirements for non-centrally cleared derivatives. The Basel Committee will publish a joint statement in March with IOSCO to clarify certain implementation aspects of the margin requirements framework;
- that the Basel Committee has now agreed to publish high-level supervisory expectations related to crypto-assets in light of the high degree of risks associated with such exposures. These expectations will be published in March;
- the use of different practices among jurisdictions to proportionately apply the Basel Committee’s global minimum prudential standards. The Basel Committee has agreed to publish a summary of these practices in March;
- the assessment reports on the implementation of the net stable funding ratio and large exposures standards in Brazil and India. Publication of these reports is expected in the coming months; and
- the follow-up reports and actions by member jurisdictions on the implementation of certain Basel III standards. These will be published in March.
The next meeting of the Basel Committee is tentatively scheduled for 19-20 June 2019.