The European Payments Council (EPC) has published the final version of its white paper on mobile wallet payments, which focuses on the use of mobile wallets as an enabler for mobile payments in the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA). Among other things, the white paper includes:
- an updated description of scenarios where a mobile wallet is used for financial services;
- a high-level overview of the mobile wallet ecosystem and an updated description of the different stakeholders involved;
- information on the technical aspects of mobile wallets;
- greater emphasis on the security aspects of mobile wallet infrastructures with their components and the secure environment to host the mobile payment application, or data, or both;
- an annex providing a short description of the SEPA payment instruments; and
- key challenges in the mobile wallet payments ecosystem that will need consideration in the future.
The EPC intends the final white paper to be a useful resource for any stakeholders that are engaged in the debate around mobile wallets and their role in the payments landscape.
View White paper mobile wallet payments, 21 January 2014