On 1 March 2017, the PRA was replaced by the Prudential Regulation Committee (PRC), and the PRA was brought within the single entity of the Bank of England (BoE).
The membership of the PRC has also been announced:
- Mark Carney (Chair) (Governor, BoE);
- Sam Woods (Deputy Governor, Prudential Regulation and Chief Executive of the PRA);
- Sir Jon Cunliffe (Deputy Governor, Financial Stability);
- Charlotte Hogg (Deputy Governor, Markets & Banking);
- Ben Broadbent (Deputy Governor, Monetary Policy);
- Andrew Bailey (Chief Executive of the FCA);
- David Belsham (External member);
- Sandra Boss (External member);
- Norval Bryson (External member);
- Charles Randell (External member);
- David Thorburn (External member); and
- Mark Yallop (External member).
The membership of the PRC is the same as that of the PRA Board, with the exception of the appointment of Dr Ben Broadbent.
View Bank of England announces initial membership of Prudential Regulation Committee, 28 February 2017