The Agency for the Co-operation of Energy Regulators (ACER) has published its second annual report on its activities in implementing the Regulation on wholesale energy market integrity and transparency (REMIT). The annual report discusses ACER’s activities in 2013 and what ACER envisages as its deliverables in 2014.
The deliverables in 2014 include:
- establishing and administering a European register of market participants;
- further developing and maintaining IT solutions for market surveillance, data collection, and data sharing of wholesale energy markets;
- preparing for the collection of trade, fundamental and other data, in connection with the REMIT implementing acts, as well as market surveillance activities;
- preparing systems and procedures for the sharing of data with national regulatory authorities (NRAs) and other authorities and dissemination of information on the basis of transparent rules for such dissemination;
- ensuring operational reliability and professional secrecy concerning the information received by the ACER, by taking all necessary measures to prevent misuse of, and unauthorised access to, the information received and maintained in ACER’s systems, by identifying sources of operational risk and by minimising them through the development of appropriate systems, controls and procedures; and
- coordination of market monitoring activities of NRAs, including at regional level, without prejudice to their responsibilities, aiming to ensure that NRAs carry out their tasks under REMIT in a co-ordinated and consistent way, including guidance to NRAs and coordination of NRAs’ investigation activities on cross-border market abuse instances, including the promotion of best practices.
View ACER’s annual report on its activities under REMIT in 2013, 10 June 2014