The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has published responses to its Consultation Paper: Update of the guidelines on the application of the endorsement regime under Article 4(3) of the Credit Rating Agencies Regulation published in April 2017. Respondents include:
- European Association of Credit Rating Agencies;
- Fitch Ratings;
- Moody’s Investors Service;
- S&P Global Ratings;
- M. Best Europe – Rating Services Limited;
- Rating-Agentur Expert RA GmbH;
- Bangor University; and
- University of East Anglia.
ESMA intends to finalise the updated guidelines and publish a final report in Q4 2017, with a view to the guidelines entering into force on 1 June 2018.
View Responses to ESMA’s consultation on CRA endorsement guidelines, 16 August 2017