The European Banking Authority (EBA) has agreed on the final timeline of the 2018 EU-wide stress test. Following a discussion with the industry on the draft methodology during the summer of 2017, the EBA Board of Supervisors decided to extend the overall timeline for the stress test to take into account the challenges that the implementation of IFRS 9 poses regarding the availability of starting point data in early 2018.
The following key milestones for the stress test have been agreed:
- January 2018 – launch of exercise;
- early June 2018 – first submission of results to the EBA;
- mid – July 2018 – second submission to the EBA;
- late October 2018 – final submission to the EBA; and
- 2 November 2018 – publication of results.
The EBA will publish the final methodology in November 2017 and circulate the final templates and further guidance to participating banks by the end of the year. The macro-economic scenario will be published with the launch of the exercise in January 2018.
View EBA finalises 2018 EU-wide stress test timeline, 30 October 2017