The European Banking Authority (EBA) has entered into a framework cooperation arrangement with several US financial regulatory agencies.
The framework agreement is not legally binding but serves as guidance for future cooperation arrangements between EU resolution authorities and US resolution authorities in order to support cross-border crisis management information sharing and cooperation including, but not limited to, memoranda of understanding, statements of cooperation, and cooperation agreements.
The participating US agencies are:
- The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System;
- The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation;
- The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency;
- The Securities and Exchange Commission; and
- The New York State Department of Financial Services.
View EBA and US Agencies conclude framework cooperation arrangement on bank resolution, 29 September 2017